‘Militant Marjan’s sister’ surrenders
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 16:29
In follow-up of the raid in a Jessore house that was underway since this morning, militant Marjan’s sister Khadiza, also a suspected militant, has surrendered to the law enforcers.
A team of Jessore police along with a team of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit has cordoned off the house of slain militant Marjan’s sister.
Based on information, the house located in Ghop Central Road of Jessore town was sealed off around 11:00pm suspecting presence of Marjan’s sister there, said Anisur Rahman, superintendent of police in Jessore.
One to two women along with at least one child are suspected to be inside the house and they are being urged to surrender since last night, the police official said.
‘Gulshan café attack co-ordinator Marjan’s sister maybe inside’
The house was initially sealed off suspecting that Gulshan café attack’s co-ordinator Nurul Islam Marjan’s sister was staying there, said Muhibul Islam, deputy commissioner of CTTC unit.
Marjan was killed in a shootout with police in Dhaka’s Mohammadpur area.
Muhibul said the house was rented by one Hadisur Rahman Shagor, brother-in-law of Marjan, also a Neo-JMB activist who is believed to have supplied arms to the Gulshan café attack.
Special Weapons and Tactics team and a bomb disposal unit are also on their way to the “militant den”.
- Most viewed
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Woman accuses US Senator of unwanted groping, kiss
- This is when women are most likely to cheat on their partner
- Why women are happier being single than men
- PM witnesses Dhaka Opera House design
- PM opens BLLISS-2017
- Amy Schumer ‘dating’ chef Chris Fischer
- Women less likely to get CPR from bystanders: Study
- Sessions vows Clinton probe on emails
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi now benefits from Southeast Asia's silence
- 18-month-old girl allegedly raped by caretaker
- Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Right to a healthy future
- UN chief meets Myanmar's Suu Kyi on Rohingya crisis
- Role of women in climate action recognised at UN climate conf