16 HIV positive Rohingyas found, one dies
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 17:16
Around 16 Rohingya people having with HIV positive were found in Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.
Physician Shahin Abdur Rahman Chowdhury, a resource person of Rohingya camp and also a residential medical officer of the hospital, said that they have detected 16 patients infected with HIV since 25 August.
Of them, nine patients are now undergoing treatment while treatment for the rest six will begin soon.
Meanwhile, one of the HIV patients died before starting the treatment, said the physician.
Abdus Salam, civil surgeon of the district, said that the number of patients having HIV is increasing.
He said that some 2,000 medical staffs, including 100 MBBS doctors, specialist physicians, intern physicians, medical students, are working for ensuring treatment at Rohingya camps.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan