16 HIV positive Rohingyas found, one dies
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 17:16
Around 16 Rohingya people having with HIV positive were found in Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.
Physician Shahin Abdur Rahman Chowdhury, a resource person of Rohingya camp and also a residential medical officer of the hospital, said that they have detected 16 patients infected with HIV since 25 August.
Of them, nine patients are now undergoing treatment while treatment for the rest six will begin soon.
Meanwhile, one of the HIV patients died before starting the treatment, said the physician.
Abdus Salam, civil surgeon of the district, said that the number of patients having HIV is increasing.
He said that some 2,000 medical staffs, including 100 MBBS doctors, specialist physicians, intern physicians, medical students, are working for ensuring treatment at Rohingya camps.
- Most viewed
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- SSC results likely on 6 May
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh