16 HIV positive Rohingyas found, one dies
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 17:16
Around 16 Rohingya people having with HIV positive were found in Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.
Physician Shahin Abdur Rahman Chowdhury, a resource person of Rohingya camp and also a residential medical officer of the hospital, said that they have detected 16 patients infected with HIV since 25 August.
Of them, nine patients are now undergoing treatment while treatment for the rest six will begin soon.
Meanwhile, one of the HIV patients died before starting the treatment, said the physician.
Abdus Salam, civil surgeon of the district, said that the number of patients having HIV is increasing.
He said that some 2,000 medical staffs, including 100 MBBS doctors, specialist physicians, intern physicians, medical students, are working for ensuring treatment at Rohingya camps.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong