16 HIV positive Rohingyas found, one dies
Published : 09 Oct 2017, 17:16
Around 16 Rohingya people having with HIV positive were found in Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital.
Physician Shahin Abdur Rahman Chowdhury, a resource person of Rohingya camp and also a residential medical officer of the hospital, said that they have detected 16 patients infected with HIV since 25 August.
Of them, nine patients are now undergoing treatment while treatment for the rest six will begin soon.
Meanwhile, one of the HIV patients died before starting the treatment, said the physician.
Abdus Salam, civil surgeon of the district, said that the number of patients having HIV is increasing.
He said that some 2,000 medical staffs, including 100 MBBS doctors, specialist physicians, intern physicians, medical students, are working for ensuring treatment at Rohingya camps.
- Most viewed
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ