9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
Published : 10 Oct 2017, 12:04
Nine more bodies washed ashore of Saint Martin Island and Teknaf coast in Cox’s Bazar after the overcrowded boat of Rohingyas capsized off Shaha Porir Dwip in Teknaf.
Earlier on Monday bodies of 14 fleeing Rohingya refugees from Myanmar were recovered in the latest tragic boat capsize.
The authorities concerned said the drown boat carrying more than 50 people, including children and women, sank in Shah Porir Dwip area around 9:00pm on Sunday.
Teknaf Model police station officer-in-charge Md Main Uddin Khan said that the nine bodies were recovered from Saint Martin Island and two spate areas of Sadar upazila of Teknaf.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Trump ‘made me cry,’ says soldier’s widow
- 24 October Deaths
- 24 October Births
- 24 October Events
- College girl’s hanging body recovered in Jessore
- Sushma opens Chancery Complex of Indian HC in Dhaka
- Myanmar must not punish innocent people: Sushma tells PM
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Students from Dhaka win study trip to Australian Univ