9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
Published : 10 Oct 2017, 12:04
Nine more bodies washed ashore of Saint Martin Island and Teknaf coast in Cox’s Bazar after the overcrowded boat of Rohingyas capsized off Shaha Porir Dwip in Teknaf.
Earlier on Monday bodies of 14 fleeing Rohingya refugees from Myanmar were recovered in the latest tragic boat capsize.
The authorities concerned said the drown boat carrying more than 50 people, including children and women, sank in Shah Porir Dwip area around 9:00pm on Sunday.
Teknaf Model police station officer-in-charge Md Main Uddin Khan said that the nine bodies were recovered from Saint Martin Island and two spate areas of Sadar upazila of Teknaf.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- 22 September Events
- 22 September Births
- 22 September Deaths
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today