9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
Published : 10 Oct 2017, 12:04
Nine more bodies washed ashore of Saint Martin Island and Teknaf coast in Cox’s Bazar after the overcrowded boat of Rohingyas capsized off Shaha Porir Dwip in Teknaf.
Earlier on Monday bodies of 14 fleeing Rohingya refugees from Myanmar were recovered in the latest tragic boat capsize.
The authorities concerned said the drown boat carrying more than 50 people, including children and women, sank in Shah Porir Dwip area around 9:00pm on Sunday.
Teknaf Model police station officer-in-charge Md Main Uddin Khan said that the nine bodies were recovered from Saint Martin Island and two spate areas of Sadar upazila of Teknaf.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
- PM leaves for Paris to attend 'One Planet Summit
- 11 December Deaths