9 bodies of Rohingyas washed ashore in Teknaf
Published : 10 Oct 2017, 12:04
Nine more bodies washed ashore of Saint Martin Island and Teknaf coast in Cox’s Bazar after the overcrowded boat of Rohingyas capsized off Shaha Porir Dwip in Teknaf.
Earlier on Monday bodies of 14 fleeing Rohingya refugees from Myanmar were recovered in the latest tragic boat capsize.
The authorities concerned said the drown boat carrying more than 50 people, including children and women, sank in Shah Porir Dwip area around 9:00pm on Sunday.
Teknaf Model police station officer-in-charge Md Main Uddin Khan said that the nine bodies were recovered from Saint Martin Island and two spate areas of Sadar upazila of Teknaf.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life