Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
Published : 14 Oct 2017, 15:57
Two cases have been filed in connection with attack on the motorcade of deputy leader of parliament Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury during a factional clash of ruling Awami League in Talma Bazar area of Nagarkanda upazila.
Nagarkanda police station sub-inspector Humayun Kabir filed a case with the police station accusing 13 people on Friday night.
Besides, Fultoli union parishad chairman Ariful Islam filed another case against 56 people at night.
Nagarkanda police station officer-in-charge FM Nasim said the followers of upazila AL joint secretary advocate Md Jamal Hossain Miah and Ayman Akbar Bablu Chowdhury, son of Sajeda Chowdhury, locked into the clash over tearing of posters of Jamal Miah’s father and damaging an archway.
A chase and counter-chase took place during the melee.
At one stage, Jamal’s supporters started throwing brick chips at the motorcade of Sajeda while it was crossing the area.
The attackers vandalised three cars of the motorcade, leaving five people, including the OC, injured.
- Most viewed
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- 18 January Deaths
- 18 January Births
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh