Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
Published : 14 Oct 2017, 15:57
Two cases have been filed in connection with attack on the motorcade of deputy leader of parliament Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury during a factional clash of ruling Awami League in Talma Bazar area of Nagarkanda upazila.
Nagarkanda police station sub-inspector Humayun Kabir filed a case with the police station accusing 13 people on Friday night.
Besides, Fultoli union parishad chairman Ariful Islam filed another case against 56 people at night.
Nagarkanda police station officer-in-charge FM Nasim said the followers of upazila AL joint secretary advocate Md Jamal Hossain Miah and Ayman Akbar Bablu Chowdhury, son of Sajeda Chowdhury, locked into the clash over tearing of posters of Jamal Miah’s father and damaging an archway.
A chase and counter-chase took place during the melee.
At one stage, Jamal’s supporters started throwing brick chips at the motorcade of Sajeda while it was crossing the area.
The attackers vandalised three cars of the motorcade, leaving five people, including the OC, injured.
- Most viewed
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- PM enjoys cultural show at Bangabandhu Stadium
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- 17 March Deaths
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!