Man gets death penalty for killing wife
Published : 17 Oct 2017, 11:43
A court here on Monday awarded death sentence to a man for strangulating his wife to death over family feud in 2016.
The convict is identified as Md Monir Hawladar, 35, son of late Mujibor Hawladar of Munshipara area of Daulatpur upazila.
Khulna Metropolitan Magistrate Court Judge Arup Kumar Goshami passed the order this morning while Monir was present in the dock.
According to the case statement, Monir strangulated his wife Rahima Begum to death over family feud on February 2 in 2016 and later surrendered to the Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised