Man gets death penalty for killing wife
Published : 17 Oct 2017, 11:43
A court here on Monday awarded death sentence to a man for strangulating his wife to death over family feud in 2016.
The convict is identified as Md Monir Hawladar, 35, son of late Mujibor Hawladar of Munshipara area of Daulatpur upazila.
Khulna Metropolitan Magistrate Court Judge Arup Kumar Goshami passed the order this morning while Monir was present in the dock.
According to the case statement, Monir strangulated his wife Rahima Begum to death over family feud on February 2 in 2016 and later surrendered to the Metropolitan Magistrate Court.
- Most viewed
- Maintain your cosmetic jewellery in easy steps
- Honey is your best friend in winters
- Britain' s May seeks to broaden Brexit talks amid deadlock
- Canadian minister calls on Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudury
- Use apricot oil on nails, exfoliate hands weekly in winter
- Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
- Canada stands by Bangladesh on Rohingya issue
- I'm trying to run country with honesty: PM
- PM rules out major foodgrain shortfall in the country
- Stay alert against defeated forces: PM
- Sunny Leone opens up on casting couch in Bollywood
- Jessia to join grand finale of Miss World, 2017
- Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
- Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
- Germany, Sweden, EU extend strong support to Bangladesh for Rohingyas
- Sonia slams govt's arrogance
- Skincare myths demystified
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests