Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
Published : 19 Oct 2017, 12:59
A schoolgirl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her house at Sajiara village in the district town on Wednesday.
Ilias Hossain, officer-in-charge of Magura Police Station, said Khadiza Khatun, 15, a student of class 10 and daughter of Khalil Molla of Mohammadpur upazila used to live at her aunt’s house at Sajiara village.
On Wednesday night, Khadiza took her life by hanging herself from ceiling of the house over family feud.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Magura Hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed.
- Most viewed
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Sheikh Hasina urges US businesses to share Bangladesh’s prosperity
- PM says Govt wants free, fair, participatory national polls
- PM Hasina joins Trump’s welcome reception
- PM Sheikh Hasina for more private sector investment in education sector
- Prime Minister places 3 proposals to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Settle all international disputes, prevent conflicts: Sheikh Hasina
- 25 September Events
- 25 September Births
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP