Housewife burnt alive allegedly by husband
Published : 08 Nov 2017, 12:36
A man has allegedly burnt to death following an altercation at Boro village in Kamrangirchar area of Keraniganj early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Mitu, 26, wife of Jahangir Alam.
Police said Jahangir, a drug addict and stalker, beat up his wife following a altercation after having drugs and set her on fire pouring kerosene around 2:00 am, leaving her seriously burnt.
Later, she was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where duty doctor declared her dead. The body has been kept at morgue for autopsy.
Keraniganj Police Station officer-in-charge Shahin Fakir said they have not received any written complaint in this regard.
Legal action would be taken once a case was filed, the police official added.
- Most viewed
- Couple whipped for getting 'too close' before wedding
- Big budget movies in Dhallywood soon
- 2 women found dead in Keraniganj
- Pope speaks out on violence against women
- CHT people to enjoy land ownership: PM
- 21 January Deaths
- 21 January Births
- 21 January Events
- Don’t fret over conceiving with irregular periods
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga