Housewife burnt alive allegedly by husband
Published : 08 Nov 2017, 12:36
A man has allegedly burnt to death following an altercation at Boro village in Kamrangirchar area of Keraniganj early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Mitu, 26, wife of Jahangir Alam.
Police said Jahangir, a drug addict and stalker, beat up his wife following a altercation after having drugs and set her on fire pouring kerosene around 2:00 am, leaving her seriously burnt.
Later, she was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where duty doctor declared her dead. The body has been kept at morgue for autopsy.
Keraniganj Police Station officer-in-charge Shahin Fakir said they have not received any written complaint in this regard.
Legal action would be taken once a case was filed, the police official added.
- Most viewed
- Bangladesh's graduation to developing country a slap to critics: PM
- 16-year-old Mitu first Bangladeshi girl to cross Bangla Channel
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 20 March Deaths
- 20 March Births
- 20 March Events
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe