Bangladesh in crisis over providing humanitarian aid to Rohingyas: PM
Published : 15 Nov 2017, 16:52
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said that Bangladesh is now on the verge of unprecedented crisis over providing humanitarian assistance to tens of thousands of Rohingyas and repatriating them to their own country.
“The present situation is very much worse comparing to any other time of the past,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this while replying to a question from M Abdul Matin (Moulvibazar-2) during the PM’s question answer session in Parliament.
She said that the Rohingya crisis in Rakhaine state in Myanmar has turned complex in the recent days due to the military crackdown and violence.
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation