PM opens BLLISS-2017
Published : 16 Nov 2017, 14:17
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today inaugurated Bangladesh Leather Footwear and Leathergoods International Sourcing Show (BLLISS)-2017 urging the foreign investors and buyers to invest more in Bangladesh's leather sector.
Sheikh Hasina opened the three-day show at the International Convention Centre, Bashundhara (ICCB) in the capital through videoconferencing from her official Ganabhaban residence here this morning.
The Ministry of Commerce and the Leathergoods and Footwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association of Bangladesh (LFMEAB) have jointly organised the event to attract more investment in the leather sector.
The theme of the show is "Think Ahead, Think Bangladesh".
Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed was present at the function at ICCB as the special guest, while eminent entrepreneur Syed Manzur Elahi and LFMEAB President M Saiful Islam spoke.
The pre-recorded speeches of Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu, State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam and Acting FBCCI President Sheikh Fazle Fahim were played at the function.
PM's Private Sector Development Adviser Salman F Rahman and Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim were present at Ganabhaban, among others, while Director General (admin) of the PMO Kabir Bin Anwar moderated the function.
Ministers, parliament members, diplomats, dignitaries and the leaders of different trade bodies were also present at the ICCB.
An audio-video presentation on the past, present and the future of Bangladesh's leather sector was made at the function.
Leaders of industrial sector, world famous brands and international buyers from 15 countries including China, India, Vietnam and Thailand are participating in the show.
- Most viewed
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara