Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
Published : 18 Nov 2017, 15:43
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reached Suhrawady Udyan on Saturday afternoon to address a rally to celebrate the recognition of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic March 7 speech as a world documentary heritage by UNESCO.
Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Awami League, reached the rally venue around 2:40 pm.
Dhaka University Emeritus Professor Dr Anisuzzaman is presiding over the rally organised by Nagorik Committee.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) recognised the historic 7th March Speech of Bangabandhu as part of world's documentary heritage on October 31.
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova announced it saying the historic 7th March speech of Bangabandhu has been included in the Memory of the World International Register, a list of world's important documentary heritage maintained by the UNESCO.
- Most viewed
- 22 March Deaths
- 22 March Births
- 22 March Events
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity