Sheikh Hasina reaches Suhrawady Udyan
Published : 18 Nov 2017, 15:43
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina reached Suhrawady Udyan on Saturday afternoon to address a rally to celebrate the recognition of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman's historic March 7 speech as a world documentary heritage by UNESCO.
Sheikh Hasina, also the president of Awami League, reached the rally venue around 2:40 pm.
Dhaka University Emeritus Professor Dr Anisuzzaman is presiding over the rally organised by Nagorik Committee.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) recognised the historic 7th March Speech of Bangabandhu as part of world's documentary heritage on October 31.
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova announced it saying the historic 7th March speech of Bangabandhu has been included in the Memory of the World International Register, a list of world's important documentary heritage maintained by the UNESCO.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- Theresa May wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers