PM receives two awards won by Postal Department
Published : 20 Nov 2017, 14:48
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday received the ‘ASOCIO-2017 Digital Government Award’ given to Bangladesh Postal Department.
State Minister for Post and Telecommunications Tarana Halim handed over the award to the Prime Minister at the beginning of the regular cabinet meeting held at the Prime Minister’s Office in the morning.
Bangladesh Postal Department has been awarded with ‘ASOCIO-2017 Digital Government Award’ of Asian-Oceanian Computing Industry Organization (ASOCIO) in Malaysia in recognition of taking multidimensional digital services to rural people.
Tarana received the award from the ASOCIO Chairman on September 18 last.
ASOCIO was established in 1983 involving the National ICT Associations of 24 countries of Asia and Oceania region. It gives awards in four categories every year.
The Prime Minister also received the ‘Silver Award’ of Asia-Pacific Council for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (AFACT) and ‘WITSA Merit Award’ of The World Information Technology Services Alliance (WITSA) from Tarana Halim today.
Bangladesh Postal Department got the ‘Silver Award’ of the AFACT as runners-up in the eAsia Award Competition for its eCommerce-related service ‘Postal Cash Card: Banking for Unbanked People’.
The award was given on September 12 in Taiwan. The AFACT is giving eAsia Award every year for the initiative for bridging digital divide.
On the same day in Taiwan, the WITSA awarded Bangladesh Postal Department with ‘WITSA Merit Award’ for transforming 8500 post offices of Bangladesh into e-centres.
WITSA is the leading of organisation of IT Industries and currently 80 countries are its members, while nearly 90 percent of the world IT market represent to those countries.
The organisation is giving awards in eight categories each year.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule