Man to die for killing wife in Chittagong
Published : 20 Nov 2017, 15:36
A court here on Monday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife in 2010.
According to the prosecution, Mohamamad Mostafa, a resident of South Pahartoli Natun Para in Hathazari upazila, strangled his wife Rozina Begum to death and hanged her body from ceiling fan at their house in a bid to prove it as a suicidal incident on April 6, 2010.
Victim’s father filed a case with Hathazari Police Station the following day.
Later on September 16, 2010, police submitted charge sheet of the case to the court.
After examining the depositions of 17 witnesses, Chittagong District and Sessions Judge Helel Uddin Chowdhury handed down the verdict in presence of the accused.
- Most viewed
- Priya Prakash Varrier is not allowed to use a mobile phone
- PM goes to Tungipara tomorrow to pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Suicide trend among women on the rise in Sylhet
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- 16 March Deaths
- 16 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims