Tonu’s family called to Dhaka for probe: Kamal
Published : 22 Nov 2017, 17:31
Family members of Sohagi Jahan Tonu have been called to Criminal Investigation Department office in Dhaka for sake of the ongoing investigation into the murder case, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal said today.
“The investigation process is going on. I believe the real story will be revealed through the investigation,” Bangla daily Prothom Alo quoted the home minister as saying.
Kamal said this when journalists asked about the reason for calling Tonu’s relatives to the CID headquarters today.
The home minister talked to journalists after attending the 15th founding anniversary programme of Southeast University in Tejgaon of Dhaka in the noon.
Tonu, a theatre activist and student of Comilla Victoria College, was found murdered in a bush in the Comilla Cantonment area on March 20 last year.
Five members of her family – Tonu’s parents, two brothers and a cousin are supposed to meet the CID office in the capital today, the Bangla daily said.
Source: thedailystar/Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling