Tonu’s family called to Dhaka for probe: Kamal
Published : 22 Nov 2017, 17:31
Family members of Sohagi Jahan Tonu have been called to Criminal Investigation Department office in Dhaka for sake of the ongoing investigation into the murder case, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal said today.
“The investigation process is going on. I believe the real story will be revealed through the investigation,” Bangla daily Prothom Alo quoted the home minister as saying.
Kamal said this when journalists asked about the reason for calling Tonu’s relatives to the CID headquarters today.
The home minister talked to journalists after attending the 15th founding anniversary programme of Southeast University in Tejgaon of Dhaka in the noon.
Tonu, a theatre activist and student of Comilla Victoria College, was found murdered in a bush in the Comilla Cantonment area on March 20 last year.
Five members of her family – Tonu’s parents, two brothers and a cousin are supposed to meet the CID office in the capital today, the Bangla daily said.
Source: thedailystar/Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- From April, tourists can stay at Taj Mahal only for 3 hours
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday