Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
Published : 23 Nov 2017, 15:28
A court here on Thursday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife in the city in 2015.
The court also fined condemned convict Aynal Haque, son of Abdul Mannan, TK 5,000, in default, he has to suffer one month more rigorous jail term.
According to the prosecution, Aynal strangulated his wife Anwara Begum to death and later set the body on fire with petrol to stage the murder as a fire incident in Bymile area of the city in January 10, 2015.
Later, Rafiqul Islam, assistant sub-inspector of Konabari Police Outpost, filed a case with Joydebpur Police Station against Aynal and his brother Amzad Hossain.
Later, the case was transferred to Criminal Investigation Department.
The CID sent the case Police Bureau of Investigation (PIB). Md Obaidur Rahman, inspector of PIB, submitted a chargesheet acquitting Aynal’s brother Amjad.
After examining all the records and nine witnesses, Gazipur district and Sessions Jadge A K M Enamul Haque handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack