Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
Published : 23 Nov 2017, 15:28
A court here on Thursday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife in the city in 2015.
The court also fined condemned convict Aynal Haque, son of Abdul Mannan, TK 5,000, in default, he has to suffer one month more rigorous jail term.
According to the prosecution, Aynal strangulated his wife Anwara Begum to death and later set the body on fire with petrol to stage the murder as a fire incident in Bymile area of the city in January 10, 2015.
Later, Rafiqul Islam, assistant sub-inspector of Konabari Police Outpost, filed a case with Joydebpur Police Station against Aynal and his brother Amzad Hossain.
Later, the case was transferred to Criminal Investigation Department.
The CID sent the case Police Bureau of Investigation (PIB). Md Obaidur Rahman, inspector of PIB, submitted a chargesheet acquitting Aynal’s brother Amjad.
After examining all the records and nine witnesses, Gazipur district and Sessions Jadge A K M Enamul Haque handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka