Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
Published : 23 Nov 2017, 15:28
A court here on Thursday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife in the city in 2015.
The court also fined condemned convict Aynal Haque, son of Abdul Mannan, TK 5,000, in default, he has to suffer one month more rigorous jail term.
According to the prosecution, Aynal strangulated his wife Anwara Begum to death and later set the body on fire with petrol to stage the murder as a fire incident in Bymile area of the city in January 10, 2015.
Later, Rafiqul Islam, assistant sub-inspector of Konabari Police Outpost, filed a case with Joydebpur Police Station against Aynal and his brother Amzad Hossain.
Later, the case was transferred to Criminal Investigation Department.
The CID sent the case Police Bureau of Investigation (PIB). Md Obaidur Rahman, inspector of PIB, submitted a chargesheet acquitting Aynal’s brother Amjad.
After examining all the records and nine witnesses, Gazipur district and Sessions Jadge A K M Enamul Haque handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman commits suicide after ‘stabbing husband’ in city
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- 18 August Events
- 18 August Births
- 18 August Deaths
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu