Man to die for killing wife in Gazipur
Published : 23 Nov 2017, 15:28
A court here on Thursday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife in the city in 2015.
The court also fined condemned convict Aynal Haque, son of Abdul Mannan, TK 5,000, in default, he has to suffer one month more rigorous jail term.
According to the prosecution, Aynal strangulated his wife Anwara Begum to death and later set the body on fire with petrol to stage the murder as a fire incident in Bymile area of the city in January 10, 2015.
Later, Rafiqul Islam, assistant sub-inspector of Konabari Police Outpost, filed a case with Joydebpur Police Station against Aynal and his brother Amzad Hossain.
Later, the case was transferred to Criminal Investigation Department.
The CID sent the case Police Bureau of Investigation (PIB). Md Obaidur Rahman, inspector of PIB, submitted a chargesheet acquitting Aynal’s brother Amjad.
After examining all the records and nine witnesses, Gazipur district and Sessions Jadge A K M Enamul Haque handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest