Five youths fined for harassing Brahmanbaria college girl
Published : 02 Dec 2017, 15:26
A mobile court here on Friday noon fined five young men Tk 50,000 for harassing a college girl at Khagatoa village in Brahmanbaria.
Those fined are Ranjit Devnath, Ariful Islam, Arifur, Koishik Saha and Hridoy Dev.
Locals caught the five youths while stalking the female student of Tofail Ali Technical School and College and handed them over to police, said JP Dewan, Assistant Commissioner (Land) of the upazila who led the mobile court drive.
Later, police produced the detainees before the court which slapped the fine, he said.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka