Housewife slaughtered in Naogaon
Published : 06 Dec 2017, 16:02
A housewife was slaughtered by some assailants at her house at Post Office Para in the district town on Wednesday noon.
The deceased was identified as Jibonnesa Mini Chawdhury, 55, wife of former chairman of Raninagar upazila KC Mashiur Rahman Bacchu Chawdhury.
Hearing scream of Mini Chawdhury from her kitchen around 11:30pm neighbours rushed and found Mini lying in a pool of blood with her throat slit and three youths fleeing, said Officer-in-Charge of Naogaon Sadar Police Station Tarikul Islam.
Police recovered a pair of shoes and sharp weapons from the scene, he added.
Police said the three painters who were working in the house for the last two days might have killed Mini as they went into hiding after the incident.
The body was sent to morgue for autopsy and a case was filed.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka