Schoolgirl found dead in Manikganj
Published : 07 Dec 2017, 16:12
Police recovered the hanging body of a schoolgirl from the house of Ibarat Hossain, brother of MP (Manikganj-2 constituency) and popular singer Momtaz Begum, at Joymandap village of Singair upazila in Manikganj on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Jhuma Akhter, daughter of Riadul Islam of Medulia village in Singair upazila and also a JSC examinee.
Jhuma had been living in Ibarat’s house and appeared in this year’s JSC examination from there.
The residents of the house found Jhuma hanging at noon and informed police, said Khandaker Imam, officer-in-charge of Singair Police Station.
Later, they recovered the body.
- Most viewed
- Bir Protik Kakon Bibi no more
- 22 March Deaths
- 22 March Births
- 22 March Events
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity