Schoolgirl found dead in Manikganj
Published : 07 Dec 2017, 16:12
Police recovered the hanging body of a schoolgirl from the house of Ibarat Hossain, brother of MP (Manikganj-2 constituency) and popular singer Momtaz Begum, at Joymandap village of Singair upazila in Manikganj on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Jhuma Akhter, daughter of Riadul Islam of Medulia village in Singair upazila and also a JSC examinee.
Jhuma had been living in Ibarat’s house and appeared in this year’s JSC examination from there.
The residents of the house found Jhuma hanging at noon and informed police, said Khandaker Imam, officer-in-charge of Singair Police Station.
Later, they recovered the body.
- Most viewed
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Elizabeth's memorable encounters with US presidents
- Asif Akbar to act in movies
- PM asks SSF not to isolate her from people
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final
- AL to fulfill pledges if voted to power again: Prime Minister
- US woman survives 7 days on radiator water after Jeep crash
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- 11 July Deaths
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- Bangladesh women’s cricket team rout Netherlands by 7 wkts
- Teen arrested for dancing in Iran
- Six boys exit from Thai cave, Rescue operation underway
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- 'Rescued 8 Thai boys in good mental, physical state'