Pregnant woman strangulated to death ‘by husband’
Published : 09 Dec 2017, 16:27
A pregnant woman was strangulated to death allegedly by her husband in Ghatura area of Sadar upazila in Brahmanbaria early Saturday following family feud.
The deceased is Rojina Begum, about 20 years old, wife of Sonali Ahmed of Purbabhag village in Nasirnagar upazila. They used to live in a rented house of the area.
Quoting witnesses, Md Nabir Hossain, officer-in-charge Sadar Model Police Station, said Sonali locked into an altercation with his wife Rojina over family matters.
At one stage, he beat her up and strangled her to death.
On information, police recovered the body in the morning and arrested Sonali.
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira