Pregnant woman strangulated to death ‘by husband’
Published : 09 Dec 2017, 16:27
A pregnant woman was strangulated to death allegedly by her husband in Ghatura area of Sadar upazila in Brahmanbaria early Saturday following family feud.
The deceased is Rojina Begum, about 20 years old, wife of Sonali Ahmed of Purbabhag village in Nasirnagar upazila. They used to live in a rented house of the area.
Quoting witnesses, Md Nabir Hossain, officer-in-charge Sadar Model Police Station, said Sonali locked into an altercation with his wife Rojina over family matters.
At one stage, he beat her up and strangled her to death.
On information, police recovered the body in the morning and arrested Sonali.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Minor girl found hanging from tree in Chuadanga
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol