Pregnant woman strangulated to death ‘by husband’
Published : 09 Dec 2017, 16:27
A pregnant woman was strangulated to death allegedly by her husband in Ghatura area of Sadar upazila in Brahmanbaria early Saturday following family feud.
The deceased is Rojina Begum, about 20 years old, wife of Sonali Ahmed of Purbabhag village in Nasirnagar upazila. They used to live in a rented house of the area.
Quoting witnesses, Md Nabir Hossain, officer-in-charge Sadar Model Police Station, said Sonali locked into an altercation with his wife Rojina over family matters.
At one stage, he beat her up and strangled her to death.
On information, police recovered the body in the morning and arrested Sonali.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- Theresa May wins key Brexit vote despite ongoing rebellion
- Prime Minister visits Pabna today
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Tigresses ensure participation of ICC World T20
- Bangladesh Tigress will face Scotland tonight
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- No more ‘hot women’- FIFA wants fewer images of attractive female fans in stadiums
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers