Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
Published : 11 Dec 2017, 12:08
Motorcycle-riding muggers have shot a housewife and snatched away her purse and gold chain near Rajdhani Super Market in Dhaka’s Tikatuli area.
Shahida Akhter, 26, a resident of Wari, was shot under the knee-cap on her right leg and is now attending treatment in a privately-run hospital in the capital.
Dhaka Medical College Hospital’s police camp in-Charge Bachchu Mia said that the incident took place around 10:00pm last night.
“Two muggers on a motorcycle tugged Shahida’s bag when she was on a rickshaw. When she resisted, they shot her, took her purse and gold chain,” he said.
She first took treatments at Dhaka Medical College Hospital and was later shifted to another hospital in Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Teenage girl found dead in Chittagong
- US women open year with 5-1 win over Denmark
- 22 January Deaths
- 22 January Births
- 22 January Events
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- US wants transparent business environment in BD
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating