Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
Published : 11 Dec 2017, 12:08
Motorcycle-riding muggers have shot a housewife and snatched away her purse and gold chain near Rajdhani Super Market in Dhaka’s Tikatuli area.
Shahida Akhter, 26, a resident of Wari, was shot under the knee-cap on her right leg and is now attending treatment in a privately-run hospital in the capital.
Dhaka Medical College Hospital’s police camp in-Charge Bachchu Mia said that the incident took place around 10:00pm last night.
“Two muggers on a motorcycle tugged Shahida’s bag when she was on a rickshaw. When she resisted, they shot her, took her purse and gold chain,” he said.
She first took treatments at Dhaka Medical College Hospital and was later shifted to another hospital in Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge