Tarana calls for BTV quality improvement
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 12:11
State Minister of Information, Tarana Halim, emphasized on improving the quality of Bangladesh Television (BTV) in a meeting with its senior officials on Monday at her Secretariat office.
She urged upon all to work in unison for the quality improvement.
Tarana stressed on quick digitalization of BTV and assured her ministry’s support in that regard.
Along with the news and entertainment programmes, BTV should highlight the development activities of government to make the mass people more conscious about it, she added.
Information Secretary Md Nasir Uddin Ahmed, BTV Director General S.M. Haroon-or-Rashid, Deputy Director General (News) Mohammad Nasir Uddin, Deputy Director General (Programme) Shurat Kumar Sarker, Chief Engineer Md. Solaiman Haque, Managing Director Maqsudul Haque, Chief News Editor Dr. Sayada Tasmina Ahmed were present in the dialogue.
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira