Auto driver jailed 5 months for making attempt to abduct a teenage girl
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 12:49
A mobile court on Monday sentenced a CNG-run auto-rickshaw driver to five-month jail for making attempt to abduct a teenage girl in Shyamgram Bazar in Brahmanbaria.
The convicted man was Md Nurul Islam, 30, son of Khurshid Miah, a resident of Majhikara village of the upazila.
Ali Akbar, chairman of Rassullabad union, said that Nurul tried to drag Akhi Begum, 18, daughter of Kuddus Miah to pick her up to his auto-rickshaw in the afternoon.
Hearing screaming of the girl, locals rushed in and caught Nurul.
Later, he was produced before a mobile court led by assistant commissioner (land) JP Dewan which sentenced him to five months jail.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling