Auto driver jailed 5 months for making attempt to abduct a teenage girl
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 12:49
A mobile court on Monday sentenced a CNG-run auto-rickshaw driver to five-month jail for making attempt to abduct a teenage girl in Shyamgram Bazar in Brahmanbaria.
The convicted man was Md Nurul Islam, 30, son of Khurshid Miah, a resident of Majhikara village of the upazila.
Ali Akbar, chairman of Rassullabad union, said that Nurul tried to drag Akhi Begum, 18, daughter of Kuddus Miah to pick her up to his auto-rickshaw in the afternoon.
Hearing screaming of the girl, locals rushed in and caught Nurul.
Later, he was produced before a mobile court led by assistant commissioner (land) JP Dewan which sentenced him to five months jail.
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan