Auto driver jailed 5 months for making attempt to abduct a teenage girl
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 12:49
A mobile court on Monday sentenced a CNG-run auto-rickshaw driver to five-month jail for making attempt to abduct a teenage girl in Shyamgram Bazar in Brahmanbaria.
The convicted man was Md Nurul Islam, 30, son of Khurshid Miah, a resident of Majhikara village of the upazila.
Ali Akbar, chairman of Rassullabad union, said that Nurul tried to drag Akhi Begum, 18, daughter of Kuddus Miah to pick her up to his auto-rickshaw in the afternoon.
Hearing screaming of the girl, locals rushed in and caught Nurul.
Later, he was produced before a mobile court led by assistant commissioner (land) JP Dewan which sentenced him to five months jail.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge