DIG Mizanur removed from DMP for forcefully marrying a woman
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 17:51
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Additional Commissioner, Mizanur Rahman, was withdrawn from the DMP headquarters and attached to Police headquarters on Tuesday over allegation of his forcefully marrying a woman and torturing her.
Assistant Inspector General (media) of police Soheli Ferdaus confirmed the matter.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan at a programme at Razarbag area also said that Mizanur has been removed from the DMP and attached to the Police headquarters for the sake of a proper investigation.
Mizan allegedly picked up one Morium Akter and forcefully married her.
Later following a family feud Mizanur instigated arrest of Morium over a false case.
The matter came into public following recent media reports on this incident.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised