DIG Mizanur removed from DMP for forcefully marrying a woman
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 17:51
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Additional Commissioner, Mizanur Rahman, was withdrawn from the DMP headquarters and attached to Police headquarters on Tuesday over allegation of his forcefully marrying a woman and torturing her.
Assistant Inspector General (media) of police Soheli Ferdaus confirmed the matter.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan at a programme at Razarbag area also said that Mizanur has been removed from the DMP and attached to the Police headquarters for the sake of a proper investigation.
Mizan allegedly picked up one Morium Akter and forcefully married her.
Later following a family feud Mizanur instigated arrest of Morium over a false case.
The matter came into public following recent media reports on this incident.
- Most viewed
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement