DIG Mizanur removed from DMP for forcefully marrying a woman
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 17:51
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Additional Commissioner, Mizanur Rahman, was withdrawn from the DMP headquarters and attached to Police headquarters on Tuesday over allegation of his forcefully marrying a woman and torturing her.
Assistant Inspector General (media) of police Soheli Ferdaus confirmed the matter.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan at a programme at Razarbag area also said that Mizanur has been removed from the DMP and attached to the Police headquarters for the sake of a proper investigation.
Mizan allegedly picked up one Morium Akter and forcefully married her.
Later following a family feud Mizanur instigated arrest of Morium over a false case.
The matter came into public following recent media reports on this incident.
- Most viewed
- PM greets Raushan, Ershad on Eid-ul-Azha
- Kangana’s look in Manikarnika is grabbing eyeballs
- Tips to feel rejuvenated and look gorgeous naturally in hectic festive season
- Cabbage, broccoli could prevent colon cancer
- Kim Jong-nam murder: 'Enough evidence' for women to go on trial
- PM pays tributes to Golam Sarwar
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- 16 August Events
- 16 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan
- Sexual violence a tool to force ethnic minorities to migrate: Experts
- Prevent cancer, save life
- US judge halts mother-daughter deportation
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- With new category, Oscars are now a popularity contest
- Tofu, soy milk can boost bone strength in women