DIG Mizanur removed from DMP for forcefully marrying a woman
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 17:51
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Additional Commissioner, Mizanur Rahman, was withdrawn from the DMP headquarters and attached to Police headquarters on Tuesday over allegation of his forcefully marrying a woman and torturing her.
Assistant Inspector General (media) of police Soheli Ferdaus confirmed the matter.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan at a programme at Razarbag area also said that Mizanur has been removed from the DMP and attached to the Police headquarters for the sake of a proper investigation.
Mizan allegedly picked up one Morium Akter and forcefully married her.
Later following a family feud Mizanur instigated arrest of Morium over a false case.
The matter came into public following recent media reports on this incident.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge