DIG Mizanur removed from DMP for forcefully marrying a woman
Published : 09 Jan 2018, 17:51
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Additional Commissioner, Mizanur Rahman, was withdrawn from the DMP headquarters and attached to Police headquarters on Tuesday over allegation of his forcefully marrying a woman and torturing her.
Assistant Inspector General (media) of police Soheli Ferdaus confirmed the matter.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan at a programme at Razarbag area also said that Mizanur has been removed from the DMP and attached to the Police headquarters for the sake of a proper investigation.
Mizan allegedly picked up one Morium Akter and forcefully married her.
Later following a family feud Mizanur instigated arrest of Morium over a false case.
The matter came into public following recent media reports on this incident.
- Most viewed
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- PM enjoys cultural show at Bangabandhu Stadium
- Wife of pilot Abid passes away
- 23 March Deaths
- 23 March Births
- 23 March Events
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!