Woman hacked dead in Comilla
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 15:02
A woman was hacked to death over land dispute in Mohichile village of Chandina upazila on Wednesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Shilpi Rani Das, 38, wife of Ranjit Das of the village.
M Ali Mahmud, officer-in charge of Chandina Police Station, said Shilpi locked an altercation with her brother-in law’s son Samir Das over a piece of land.
At one stage, Samir hacked Shilpi and her husband Ranjit with a lethal weapon at 8.30 am, leave them critically injured.
Later, they were rushed to Chandina Upazila Health Complex where Shilpi succumbed to her injuries.
Locals caught Samir and handed him over to police. A case filing was under process, added the OC.
- Most viewed
- Hillary Clinton out of politics, star of GOP midterm plan
- ‘A Quiet Place’ rules US box office
- US envoy: Trump leads on N. Korea as G7 ministers meet
- PM returns home from London
- 23 April Events
- 23 April Deaths
- 23 April Births
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira