Woman hacked dead in Comilla
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 15:02
A woman was hacked to death over land dispute in Mohichile village of Chandina upazila on Wednesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Shilpi Rani Das, 38, wife of Ranjit Das of the village.
M Ali Mahmud, officer-in charge of Chandina Police Station, said Shilpi locked an altercation with her brother-in law’s son Samir Das over a piece of land.
At one stage, Samir hacked Shilpi and her husband Ranjit with a lethal weapon at 8.30 am, leave them critically injured.
Later, they were rushed to Chandina Upazila Health Complex where Shilpi succumbed to her injuries.
Locals caught Samir and handed him over to police. A case filing was under process, added the OC.
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan