Bangladeshi man held for uploading private photos of ex-girlfriend in Kolkata
Published : 14 Jan 2018, 16:45
A Bangladeshi national has been arrested for allegedly uploading private photographs of his former girlfriend, a resident of Kolkata, on the social media. Following a complaint lodged by the woman, Naba Kumar Debnath alias Abhijit Debnath (22) — a resident of Khulna — was arrested from near the Central Metro station in Kolkata on Friday.
“Naba Kumar Debnath had introduced himself as Abhijit Debnath to the woman during their first meeting at Machlandapur railway station (North 24 Parganas).
Soon, they developed a relationship…,” said ACP Visal Garg. “However, their relationship deteriorated when the complainant came to know that the accused was married with a family in Bangladesh,” he added.
“Angered by the woman’s decision to avoid him, Abhijit Debnath started to upload her intimate pictures on Facebook… He also shared such photos to the woman’s relatives and friends through WhatsApp,” Garg said. A team of Kolkata Police’s cyber section worked on the profile of the person and found that Debnath had recently come to the city from Bangladesh, following which, he was arrested on Friday night, he added.
One cellphone, two SIM cards and one micro-SD card have been seized from the man’s possession, said the ACP. The accused was produced before a city court, which remanded him to police custody till January 19.
Source: The Indian Express
- Most viewed
- Live longer: 8 tips to slow down ageing with antioxidant-rich food
- Katrina Kaif's sister Isabelle Kaif is all set for Bollywood
- Alia Bhatt steals shoes at her friend's wedding function
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan