PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
Published : 20 Jan 2018, 12:31
Law minister Anisul Huq on Friday said that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had escaped assassination plots and attacks on 17 occasions.
He was addressing a rally at Kasba in Brahmanbaria before distribution of warm clothes among the cold-hit poor people on the premises of local Sher-e-Bangla High School.
He also said that bullets always haunted Sheikh Hasina, but she remained unharmed for the blessings of Almighty Allah.
Referring to grenade attack on Sheikh Hasina on August 21, 2004 and bomb planting at Kotalipara helipad in 2000, he said: “The prime minister escaped on every occasion as the creator had saved her. Nobody can kill a person if Allah wishes him/her to be alive,” he said.
About teachers’ movement for inclusion of educational institutions under monthly pay order (MPO), he said: “The government is going to make a policy.
Under the policy, the educational institutions’ quality will have to be evaluated. Rest of the schools and colleges will get such facility later on. So, no movement will work.”
Presided over by Bayek union Awami League president Monirul Haque, the meeting was addressed by Kasba upazila Awami League joint convenor Rashedul Kaiser Bhuiyan Jibon and Al Mamun Bhuiyan.
Local unit ruling party ranks and files were present at the meeting. Later, the minister distributed blankets and warm clothes among poor and destitute people.
- Most viewed
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- Housewife beaten dead ‘by husband’ in Benapole
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- Housewife found dead in Panchagarh
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)