PM escapes 17 assassination plots, attacks: Law minister
Published : 20 Jan 2018, 12:31
Law minister Anisul Huq on Friday said that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina had escaped assassination plots and attacks on 17 occasions.
He was addressing a rally at Kasba in Brahmanbaria before distribution of warm clothes among the cold-hit poor people on the premises of local Sher-e-Bangla High School.
He also said that bullets always haunted Sheikh Hasina, but she remained unharmed for the blessings of Almighty Allah.
Referring to grenade attack on Sheikh Hasina on August 21, 2004 and bomb planting at Kotalipara helipad in 2000, he said: “The prime minister escaped on every occasion as the creator had saved her. Nobody can kill a person if Allah wishes him/her to be alive,” he said.
About teachers’ movement for inclusion of educational institutions under monthly pay order (MPO), he said: “The government is going to make a policy.
Under the policy, the educational institutions’ quality will have to be evaluated. Rest of the schools and colleges will get such facility later on. So, no movement will work.”
Presided over by Bayek union Awami League president Monirul Haque, the meeting was addressed by Kasba upazila Awami League joint convenor Rashedul Kaiser Bhuiyan Jibon and Al Mamun Bhuiyan.
Local unit ruling party ranks and files were present at the meeting. Later, the minister distributed blankets and warm clothes among poor and destitute people.
- Most viewed
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Air fryer – ‘Zero’ oil frying
- Emma donates 1 million pounds for victims of sexual harassment
- Keep every child alive, says Unicef
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Trump blasts Oprah
- 20 February Deaths
- 20 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife