Ivy released from hospital
Published : 23 Jan 2018, 13:20
Narayanganj City Corporation Mayor Selina Hayat Ivy was released from a hospital in Dhaka today, seven days after receiving treatment for her brain haemorrhage.
Immediately after her release from Labaid Hospital this noon, Ivy expressed her gratitude to all including her supporters and people of Narayanganj for saving her during the attack in Narayanganj's Chashara area on January 16.
“I never received this much love in my life, I don’t need anything else,” she told journalists at the hospital today.
Ivy and 50 others were injured in the fierce clash over eviction of street hawkers.
She was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit ofthe Labaid Hospital after her blood pressure dropped in the afternoonon January 18.
On January 19, one of the physicians treating her at the capital's Labaid Hospital said that Ivy suffered a brain haemorrhage and is now having difficulties in recalling many past events.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women