Ivy released from hospital
Published : 23 Jan 2018, 13:20
Narayanganj City Corporation Mayor Selina Hayat Ivy was released from a hospital in Dhaka today, seven days after receiving treatment for her brain haemorrhage.
Immediately after her release from Labaid Hospital this noon, Ivy expressed her gratitude to all including her supporters and people of Narayanganj for saving her during the attack in Narayanganj's Chashara area on January 16.
“I never received this much love in my life, I don’t need anything else,” she told journalists at the hospital today.
Ivy and 50 others were injured in the fierce clash over eviction of street hawkers.
She was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit ofthe Labaid Hospital after her blood pressure dropped in the afternoonon January 18.
On January 19, one of the physicians treating her at the capital's Labaid Hospital said that Ivy suffered a brain haemorrhage and is now having difficulties in recalling many past events.
- Most viewed
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Shweta Bachchan to make debut with father Amitabh
- 10 drug dealers killed in ‘gunfights’ across country
- 22 May Events
- 22 May Births
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
- Eat yogurt ‘appetizer’ to cut down chronic inflammation risk
- Why Cannes outings don't affect Aishwarya
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Glam up your outfit with right footwear
- Militancy now under control: Prime Minister
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief