Ivy released from hospital
Published : 23 Jan 2018, 13:20
Narayanganj City Corporation Mayor Selina Hayat Ivy was released from a hospital in Dhaka today, seven days after receiving treatment for her brain haemorrhage.
Immediately after her release from Labaid Hospital this noon, Ivy expressed her gratitude to all including her supporters and people of Narayanganj for saving her during the attack in Narayanganj's Chashara area on January 16.
“I never received this much love in my life, I don’t need anything else,” she told journalists at the hospital today.
Ivy and 50 others were injured in the fierce clash over eviction of street hawkers.
She was admitted to the Coronary Care Unit ofthe Labaid Hospital after her blood pressure dropped in the afternoonon January 18.
On January 19, one of the physicians treating her at the capital's Labaid Hospital said that Ivy suffered a brain haemorrhage and is now having difficulties in recalling many past events.
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Cellphone use near SSC exam centres banned