Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
Published : 23 Jan 2018, 13:26
A mother allegedly committed suicide after strangulating her two-year-old daughter to death at her Sabujbagh residence in Dhaka today.
Police identified the deceased as Shantona Begum, 22, wife of Mamun, and her child Mahfuza, said Officer-in-charge of Sabujbagh Police Station Abul Kuddus Fakir.
Shantona might have taken her own life by hanging herself from a ceiling fan as her husband eloped with her younger sister two days before earlier, the OC said.
Later, they were rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where doctors declared them dead.
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0