Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
Published : 23 Jan 2018, 13:26
A mother allegedly committed suicide after strangulating her two-year-old daughter to death at her Sabujbagh residence in Dhaka today.
Police identified the deceased as Shantona Begum, 22, wife of Mamun, and her child Mahfuza, said Officer-in-charge of Sabujbagh Police Station Abul Kuddus Fakir.
Shantona might have taken her own life by hanging herself from a ceiling fan as her husband eloped with her younger sister two days before earlier, the OC said.
Later, they were rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where doctors declared them dead.
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be