‘Pir’ jailed for raping teenage girl in Chandpur
Published : 26 Jan 2018, 18:11
A court here on Thursday afternoon sent a ‘Pir’ to jail in a case over raping a teenage girl in Faridganj upazila.
Senior Judicial Magistrate court judge Md Shafiul Azam also ordered police to investigate the allegation after hearing.
On January 24, the victim,17, filed the case accusing Abu Bakar Siddique Atiqullah, 57, Pir at Subidpur Darber Sharif at Subidpur Pschim village in Faridganj Upazila. She worked as a domestic help in the Pir’s house.
According to the case statement, during her stay at the house of the Pir, he raped the girl on 15 September, 2016. Two months after the incident, her family married the girl off to a man of the neighbouring village in the same Upazila.
Her husband’s family raised question when the victim gave birth to a baby boy seven months after her marriage. An arbitration was also held without any solution.
Later, the victim filed the rape case with Faridganj Police Station and police arrested the accused on the same day.
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women