Woman ‘kills two sons’, attempts suicide in Sylhet
Published : 07 Feb 2018, 12:29
A woman allegedly killed her two minor sons by drowning them in two big-size buckets and attempted to end her life in Biswanath upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as three-year-old Nahidul Islam and 18-month-old Wahidul Islam, sons of Kabir Ali and Beauty Akter Rony, residents of Konaura-Noagaon village in the upazila.
Locals and police sources said after returning home from farmland Kabir Ali found his two kids dead in two buckets in an abandoned bathroom around 3pm.
Then he also found her wife sitting beside two buckets full of water.
Beauty took dettol, antiseptic disinfectant liquid, after allegedly killing her two kids by drowning in two buckets of water, Kabir said.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital.
Police, however, detained Kabir Ali for questioning and sent Beauty to the hospital.
- Most viewed
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors