Woman ‘kills two sons’, attempts suicide in Sylhet
Published : 07 Feb 2018, 12:29
A woman allegedly killed her two minor sons by drowning them in two big-size buckets and attempted to end her life in Biswanath upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as three-year-old Nahidul Islam and 18-month-old Wahidul Islam, sons of Kabir Ali and Beauty Akter Rony, residents of Konaura-Noagaon village in the upazila.
Locals and police sources said after returning home from farmland Kabir Ali found his two kids dead in two buckets in an abandoned bathroom around 3pm.
Then he also found her wife sitting beside two buckets full of water.
Beauty took dettol, antiseptic disinfectant liquid, after allegedly killing her two kids by drowning in two buckets of water, Kabir said.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital.
Police, however, detained Kabir Ali for questioning and sent Beauty to the hospital.
- Most viewed
- SC on Khaleda's bail in another Cumilla case Tuesday
- 25 June Births
- 25 June Deaths
- 25 June Events
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl