Woman ‘kills two sons’, attempts suicide in Sylhet
Published : 07 Feb 2018, 12:29
A woman allegedly killed her two minor sons by drowning them in two big-size buckets and attempted to end her life in Biswanath upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as three-year-old Nahidul Islam and 18-month-old Wahidul Islam, sons of Kabir Ali and Beauty Akter Rony, residents of Konaura-Noagaon village in the upazila.
Locals and police sources said after returning home from farmland Kabir Ali found his two kids dead in two buckets in an abandoned bathroom around 3pm.
Then he also found her wife sitting beside two buckets full of water.
Beauty took dettol, antiseptic disinfectant liquid, after allegedly killing her two kids by drowning in two buckets of water, Kabir said.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital.
Police, however, detained Kabir Ali for questioning and sent Beauty to the hospital.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- 17 March Deaths
- 17 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims