Prime Minister opens Sheikh Hasina Cantonment
Published : 08 Feb 2018, 13:35
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today inaugurated the newly-established 'Sheikh Hasina Cantonment' here this morning.
The premier opened the cantonment on the bank of Payra river at Lebukhali under Dumki upazila in this southwestern coastal district this morning by unveiling its plaque.
She also hoisted national standard of 11 headquarters and units including the adhoc headquarters of 7 infantry division.
Ministers, parliament members, the chiefs of the three services, diplomats, former chiefs of army and senior government officials were present on the occasion. Sheikh Hasina inaugurated 14 development projects and laid the foundation stone of another scheme of Patuakhali district by unveiling their plaques from the same venue.
The projects opened by the prime minister are the 50-bed Diabetic Hospital in Patuakhali, Deuli 10-bed Mother and Child Welfare Centre in Mirjaganj upazila, Sabupura 10-bed Mother and Child Welfare Centre in Baufal upazila, the newly constructed dormitory of the Government Shishu Paribar, Kazi Abul Kashem Stadium, Dashmina Upazila Muktijoddha Complex Building, the West Chakmaia Government Primary School-cum-Cyclone Centre under Kalapara upazila, East Dalbuganj Government Primary School-cum-Cyclone Centre in Kalapara, Hogla Government Primary School-cum-Cyclone Centre, Kalapara Upazila Muktijoddha Complex, Galachipa Muktijoddha Smriti Complex, Digital Publicity Screen at the Office of the Patuakhali Deputy Commissioner and Shaheed Sheikh Kamal Smriti Complex Auditorium.
She also laid the foundation stone of administrative building extension and hall room of Galachipa Upazila Parishad.
Earlier, she arrived here on a daylong visit to Patuakhali and Barisal districts to open 'Sheikh Hasina Cantonment' and 54 development projects and lay the foundation stones of 34 uplift schemes.
The premier reached Lebukhali under Dumki upazila of Patuakhali by an Air Force helicopter at 11:15 am.
From Lebukhali, the prime minister will go to Barisal and inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of 74 development projects by unveiling their plaques from Bangabandhu Udyan in the divisional city.
Before flying back to Dhaka, Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League president, will address a public rally to be organized by her party at Bangabandhu Udyan in Barisal city in the afternoon as part of her campaign for national polls that started in Sylhet on January 30.
- Most viewed
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Bangladesh has potential to achieve more: Bernicat
- Doob is getting much-deserved acknowledgment: Irrfan Khan
- Mystery around disappearance of Chinese star
- Marta wins Best FIFA Women's Player award
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- 22 September Births
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player