Santal woman’s throat-slit body found in Panchagarh
Published : 09 Feb 2018, 17:38
Police recovered the throat-slit body of an indigenous (Santal) woman from Nuniapara area in sadar upazila on Friday noon.
The deceased was identified as Putul Hajda, 30, wife of Ramesh Murmu of the area.
The victim remained missing since Thursday evening, police said quoting locals.
Later locals spotted her throat-slit body lying in a wheat field near her house and informed police.
A team of police recovered the body and sent it to Panchagarh Modern Sadar Hospital morgue for autopsy, said Rabiul Hasan Sarkar, officer-in-charge sadar police station.
No one was arrested in this connection till filing of this report.
Panchagarh Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Zahirul Islam, Police Superintendent Gias Uddin Ahmed and other senior police officials visited the spot.
- Most viewed
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- ‘Dead’ baby finally dies
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge