Santal woman’s throat-slit body found in Panchagarh
Published : 09 Feb 2018, 17:38
Police recovered the throat-slit body of an indigenous (Santal) woman from Nuniapara area in sadar upazila on Friday noon.
The deceased was identified as Putul Hajda, 30, wife of Ramesh Murmu of the area.
The victim remained missing since Thursday evening, police said quoting locals.
Later locals spotted her throat-slit body lying in a wheat field near her house and informed police.
A team of police recovered the body and sent it to Panchagarh Modern Sadar Hospital morgue for autopsy, said Rabiul Hasan Sarkar, officer-in-charge sadar police station.
No one was arrested in this connection till filing of this report.
Panchagarh Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Zahirul Islam, Police Superintendent Gias Uddin Ahmed and other senior police officials visited the spot.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting