Santal woman’s throat-slit body found in Panchagarh
Published : 09 Feb 2018, 17:38
Police recovered the throat-slit body of an indigenous (Santal) woman from Nuniapara area in sadar upazila on Friday noon.
The deceased was identified as Putul Hajda, 30, wife of Ramesh Murmu of the area.
The victim remained missing since Thursday evening, police said quoting locals.
Later locals spotted her throat-slit body lying in a wheat field near her house and informed police.
A team of police recovered the body and sent it to Panchagarh Modern Sadar Hospital morgue for autopsy, said Rabiul Hasan Sarkar, officer-in-charge sadar police station.
No one was arrested in this connection till filing of this report.
Panchagarh Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Zahirul Islam, Police Superintendent Gias Uddin Ahmed and other senior police officials visited the spot.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters