Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
Published : 11 Feb 2018, 17:42
A court here on Sunday sentenced a man to death for killing his pregnant wife at Borshikura village in Sadar upazila in 2016.
The condemned convict is Suab Miah, 25, son of late Somed Ali.The court also fined him Tk. 20,000.
According to the prosecution, Shilpi Akter, 23, daughter of late Abdul Hannan of Darun Vali village, was strangulated to death by her husband Suab following a family feud on April 27, 2016.
Victim’s brother Sawpon Miah filed a case with Netrakona police station accusing three people the following day.
Police after investigation submitted charge sheet against Suab on July 25, 2016.
After examining all the records and eight witnesses, district and sessions judge KM Raseduzzaman Raja handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting