Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
Published : 11 Feb 2018, 17:42
A court here on Sunday sentenced a man to death for killing his pregnant wife at Borshikura village in Sadar upazila in 2016.
The condemned convict is Suab Miah, 25, son of late Somed Ali.The court also fined him Tk. 20,000.
According to the prosecution, Shilpi Akter, 23, daughter of late Abdul Hannan of Darun Vali village, was strangulated to death by her husband Suab following a family feud on April 27, 2016.
Victim’s brother Sawpon Miah filed a case with Netrakona police station accusing three people the following day.
Police after investigation submitted charge sheet against Suab on July 25, 2016.
After examining all the records and eight witnesses, district and sessions judge KM Raseduzzaman Raja handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters