Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
Published : 11 Feb 2018, 17:42
A court here on Sunday sentenced a man to death for killing his pregnant wife at Borshikura village in Sadar upazila in 2016.
The condemned convict is Suab Miah, 25, son of late Somed Ali.The court also fined him Tk. 20,000.
According to the prosecution, Shilpi Akter, 23, daughter of late Abdul Hannan of Darun Vali village, was strangulated to death by her husband Suab following a family feud on April 27, 2016.
Victim’s brother Sawpon Miah filed a case with Netrakona police station accusing three people the following day.
Police after investigation submitted charge sheet against Suab on July 25, 2016.
After examining all the records and eight witnesses, district and sessions judge KM Raseduzzaman Raja handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- ‘Dead’ baby finally dies
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge