Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
Published : 14 Feb 2018, 13:45
Jhenidah- A court here on Tuesday took cognizance of the charges against eight police personnel over assaulting woman, demanding extortion and giving threat to evict a family from their land.
The court also ordered Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) to investigate the incident and submit its report within 30 days.
Golam Sheikh of Hamdampur village of Shailkupa upazila filed a complaint petition with the court of Shailkupa Judicial Magistrate Kazi Ashrafuzzaman against sub-inspector Ilias Mollah of Kochua investigation centre and seven others police personnel.
Later, the court took the cognizance of the charges and ordered PBI to look into the matter.
The court also ordered the authorities concern to ensure the security to the defendants.
According to the court statement, the accused police personnel went to the ancestral home of Golam Sheikh and tried to evict them.
The accused also assaulted the wife of Golam Sheikh while she was trying to protest the cops.
The police personnel also carried out vandalism at the home and demanded extortion of Tk 1 lakh from them.
- Most viewed
- Myanmar dithering on repatriation: Prime Minister
- Bangabandhu Satellite to be launched in Mar 2018: PM
- Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
- PM's press conference begins
- Pressure on Myanmar must for Rohingya repatriation: Norway
- Saudi women don't need male permission to start businesses
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
- Voting right is the basic right of people: PM
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Thousands celebrate Pohela Falgun at Charukola
- Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting