Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
Published : 14 Feb 2018, 13:45
Jhenidah- A court here on Tuesday took cognizance of the charges against eight police personnel over assaulting woman, demanding extortion and giving threat to evict a family from their land.
The court also ordered Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) to investigate the incident and submit its report within 30 days.
Golam Sheikh of Hamdampur village of Shailkupa upazila filed a complaint petition with the court of Shailkupa Judicial Magistrate Kazi Ashrafuzzaman against sub-inspector Ilias Mollah of Kochua investigation centre and seven others police personnel.
Later, the court took the cognizance of the charges and ordered PBI to look into the matter.
The court also ordered the authorities concern to ensure the security to the defendants.
According to the court statement, the accused police personnel went to the ancestral home of Golam Sheikh and tried to evict them.
The accused also assaulted the wife of Golam Sheikh while she was trying to protest the cops.
The police personnel also carried out vandalism at the home and demanded extortion of Tk 1 lakh from them.
- Most viewed
- Rickshaw drivers protest Kathua and Unnao rapes
- Rana Plaza was a man-made disaster: Rushanara Ali
- Cooper, Gaga’s pact for ‘A Star Is Born’
- A four day Baul and Vaishnav music festival will begin on 28 April in East London
- Abducted minor girl rescued from Cox’s Bazar, 2 held
- Rape accused killed in Chattogram ‘gunfight’
- Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik expecting first child
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- ‘Dead’ baby finally dies
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge