Court takes charges into cognizance over assaulting woman by policemen
Published : 14 Feb 2018, 13:45
Jhenidah- A court here on Tuesday took cognizance of the charges against eight police personnel over assaulting woman, demanding extortion and giving threat to evict a family from their land.
The court also ordered Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) to investigate the incident and submit its report within 30 days.
Golam Sheikh of Hamdampur village of Shailkupa upazila filed a complaint petition with the court of Shailkupa Judicial Magistrate Kazi Ashrafuzzaman against sub-inspector Ilias Mollah of Kochua investigation centre and seven others police personnel.
Later, the court took the cognizance of the charges and ordered PBI to look into the matter.
The court also ordered the authorities concern to ensure the security to the defendants.
According to the court statement, the accused police personnel went to the ancestral home of Golam Sheikh and tried to evict them.
The accused also assaulted the wife of Golam Sheikh while she was trying to protest the cops.
The police personnel also carried out vandalism at the home and demanded extortion of Tk 1 lakh from them.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters