Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
Published : 15 Feb 2018, 15:25
A court here on Wednesday awarded death sentence to a young man for killing a housewife after failing to violate her in Nalitabari upazila in 2011.
The condemned convict is Ashraf Ali, 32, son of Kubbad Ali of Moakura village in the upazila. The court also fined him Tk 10,000.
Ashraf became unconscious in the dock when the judge announced the judgment.
According to the prosecution, Ashraf stormed into the house of his neighbour Hazera Khatun of the village at the dead of night on May 7, 2011 while she was asleep with her 18-month-old son and attempted to rape her.
After failing to violate the housewife, Ashraf stabbed her indiscriminately, leaving her dead. However, she mentioned Ashraf’s name before succumbing to her injuries.
Later, locals caught the killer and handed him over to police and victim’s father filed a case in this regard.
On August 13, 2011, Detective Branch of police submitted a charge-sheet in the case.
After examining all the records and witnesses, Judge Md Mosleh Uddin of District and Session’s Judge Court handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM
- 99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later
- Beauty rituals to follow during monsoon
- Deepika Padukone trying 9 things she never did before
- ‘Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be porn star
- Hollywood stars reject Trump immigrant policy
- Rohingya girls dream of school
- Prime Minister meets President