2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore
Published : 15 Feb 2018, 15:29
In separate incidents, two housewives allegedly committed suicide in Manirampur upazila of the district on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Rabeya Khatun, 35, wife of van-puller Nazrul Islam of Biprokona village, and Jesmin, 30, wife of Selim Hossain, a tea seller, of Mohonpur village.
Police said Rabeya who had long been suffering from the heart disease took poison around 12:45 pm as his husband was unable to arrange treatment for her.
Sensing the matter, relatives took her to the Upazila Health Complex where the on-duty doctor declared her dead, said Sub-inspector of Manirampur Police Station Torab Ali.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to hospital morgue for autopsy.
Nazrul is a poor man and runs his family by pulling a van. His wife had been a patient of heart disease and their daughter Shanta is also sick. He could not earn enough to buy them medicine.
On the other hand, Jesmin took her life by hanging herself in the evening, said local ward councillor Quamruzzaman.
However, SI Rukshana of Manirampur Police Station said they knew nothing about the incident.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised