Bangladeshi woman killed in US road crash
Published : 17 Feb 2018, 15:20
A Bangladesh women was killed on Wednesday night after she was struck by a car while crossing a street in Chicago.
Bina Chowdhury, 42, a resident of Hoffman Avenue in Park Ridge area, was crossing Potter Road north of Farrell Avenue just after 6pm (local time) when she was hit by a car, reports local newspaper The Chicago Tribune quoting police.
Park Ridge Deputy Police Chief Duane Mellema said Bina was alone at the time she was crossing the street.
She was taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, where she later died of her injuries, police said.
Bina immigrated to the US with her family as a teenager and settled in Chicago, her nephew Sakif Ahmed told the newspaper.
Bina’s death remains under investigation by the Park Ridge police, authorities said.
- Most viewed
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- PM enjoys cultural show at Bangabandhu Stadium
- Wife of pilot Abid passes away
- 23 March Deaths
- 23 March Births
- 23 March Events
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!