Bangladeshi woman killed in US road crash
Published : 17 Feb 2018, 15:20
A Bangladesh women was killed on Wednesday night after she was struck by a car while crossing a street in Chicago.
Bina Chowdhury, 42, a resident of Hoffman Avenue in Park Ridge area, was crossing Potter Road north of Farrell Avenue just after 6pm (local time) when she was hit by a car, reports local newspaper The Chicago Tribune quoting police.
Park Ridge Deputy Police Chief Duane Mellema said Bina was alone at the time she was crossing the street.
She was taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, where she later died of her injuries, police said.
Bina immigrated to the US with her family as a teenager and settled in Chicago, her nephew Sakif Ahmed told the newspaper.
Bina’s death remains under investigation by the Park Ridge police, authorities said.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised