Bangladeshi woman killed in US road crash
Published : 17 Feb 2018, 15:20
A Bangladesh women was killed on Wednesday night after she was struck by a car while crossing a street in Chicago.
Bina Chowdhury, 42, a resident of Hoffman Avenue in Park Ridge area, was crossing Potter Road north of Farrell Avenue just after 6pm (local time) when she was hit by a car, reports local newspaper The Chicago Tribune quoting police.
Park Ridge Deputy Police Chief Duane Mellema said Bina was alone at the time she was crossing the street.
She was taken to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, where she later died of her injuries, police said.
Bina immigrated to the US with her family as a teenager and settled in Chicago, her nephew Sakif Ahmed told the newspaper.
Bina’s death remains under investigation by the Park Ridge police, authorities said.
- Most viewed
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM
- 99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later
- Beauty rituals to follow during monsoon
- Deepika Padukone trying 9 things she never did before
- ‘Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be porn star
- Hollywood stars reject Trump immigrant policy
- Rohingya girls dream of school
- Prime Minister meets President