Wife beaten to death in Satkhira, husband held
Published : 17 Feb 2018, 15:25
A woman was beaten to death reportedly over her husband’s extramarital affair at a rice-mill in Parkukrali area of the town on Friday morning.
The deceased was identified as Sonia Khatun, 25, wife of accused Sddam Hossain of Shamnagar upazila and daughter of late Kawsar Ali of the same upazila.
Sonia’s elder brother Ziaur Rahman said Saddam and Sonia had been working at the rice-mill where Saddam got involved in an extramarital affair with one of his coworkers that turned into a family feud.
On information, police arrested Saddam and three of his accomplices from the spot, said Maruf Ahmed, officer-in-charge of Satkhira Police Station.
The dead body was sent to Satkhira Sadar Hospital for autopsy, the OC added.
In primary investigation it was found that Saddam might beaten her to death and hanged the body, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors