Wife beaten to death in Satkhira, husband held
Published : 17 Feb 2018, 15:25
A woman was beaten to death reportedly over her husband’s extramarital affair at a rice-mill in Parkukrali area of the town on Friday morning.
The deceased was identified as Sonia Khatun, 25, wife of accused Sddam Hossain of Shamnagar upazila and daughter of late Kawsar Ali of the same upazila.
Sonia’s elder brother Ziaur Rahman said Saddam and Sonia had been working at the rice-mill where Saddam got involved in an extramarital affair with one of his coworkers that turned into a family feud.
On information, police arrested Saddam and three of his accomplices from the spot, said Maruf Ahmed, officer-in-charge of Satkhira Police Station.
The dead body was sent to Satkhira Sadar Hospital for autopsy, the OC added.
In primary investigation it was found that Saddam might beaten her to death and hanged the body, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- 17 March Deaths
- 17 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims