Wife beaten to death in Satkhira, husband held
Published : 17 Feb 2018, 15:25
A woman was beaten to death reportedly over her husband’s extramarital affair at a rice-mill in Parkukrali area of the town on Friday morning.
The deceased was identified as Sonia Khatun, 25, wife of accused Sddam Hossain of Shamnagar upazila and daughter of late Kawsar Ali of the same upazila.
Sonia’s elder brother Ziaur Rahman said Saddam and Sonia had been working at the rice-mill where Saddam got involved in an extramarital affair with one of his coworkers that turned into a family feud.
On information, police arrested Saddam and three of his accomplices from the spot, said Maruf Ahmed, officer-in-charge of Satkhira Police Station.
The dead body was sent to Satkhira Sadar Hospital for autopsy, the OC added.
In primary investigation it was found that Saddam might beaten her to death and hanged the body, said the OC.
- Most viewed
- SC on Khaleda's bail in another Cumilla case Tuesday
- 25 June Births
- 25 June Deaths
- 25 June Events
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl