Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
Published : 18 Feb 2018, 13:12
A housewife was allegedly hacked to death by her husband at Sonatonpunji village in Kanaighat upazila on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Jahanara Begum, 19, wife of rickshaw puller Ibrahim Ali, a resident of the same village.
Eyewitness said Ibrahim found his wife talking to his neighbour Siraj Uddin of the same village very closely in the morning.
Seeing this, he got angry and hacked his wife randomly with sharp weapon, leaving her injured.
Locals rushed her to Kanaighat Health Complex where the on-duty doctor pronounced her dead.
Later, the body was sent to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital for autopsy.
Police, meanwhile, arrested Ibrahim’s father Shariful Haque, 55, and mother Rahena Khatun, 48, said Nunu Miah, officer-in-charge of Kanaighat Police Station, adding that Ibrahim went into hiding soon after the incident.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors