Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
Published : 18 Feb 2018, 13:12
A housewife was allegedly hacked to death by her husband at Sonatonpunji village in Kanaighat upazila on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Jahanara Begum, 19, wife of rickshaw puller Ibrahim Ali, a resident of the same village.
Eyewitness said Ibrahim found his wife talking to his neighbour Siraj Uddin of the same village very closely in the morning.
Seeing this, he got angry and hacked his wife randomly with sharp weapon, leaving her injured.
Locals rushed her to Kanaighat Health Complex where the on-duty doctor pronounced her dead.
Later, the body was sent to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital for autopsy.
Police, meanwhile, arrested Ibrahim’s father Shariful Haque, 55, and mother Rahena Khatun, 48, said Nunu Miah, officer-in-charge of Kanaighat Police Station, adding that Ibrahim went into hiding soon after the incident.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation