Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
Published : 19 Feb 2018, 13:06
A newly married housewife committed suicide by drinking poison over family feud at Haziganj village in Kachua upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Mahima Akter, 20, daughter of Md Mafiz Miah of Tarapalla village of the upazila.
According to sources at Kachua Upazila Health Complex, Mahima took pesticide centring family dispute and fell sick.
Sensing the matter, the family members rushed her to upazila health complex where the on-duty doctor Kabir Hossain declared her dead around 9pm.
Confirming the matter, Syed Md Mahabubur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Kachua Police Station, said that they were informed of the incident from the health complex.
On Monday morning, the body was sent to Chandpur hospital morgue for autopsy, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors