Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
Published : 19 Feb 2018, 13:06
A newly married housewife committed suicide by drinking poison over family feud at Haziganj village in Kachua upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Mahima Akter, 20, daughter of Md Mafiz Miah of Tarapalla village of the upazila.
According to sources at Kachua Upazila Health Complex, Mahima took pesticide centring family dispute and fell sick.
Sensing the matter, the family members rushed her to upazila health complex where the on-duty doctor Kabir Hossain declared her dead around 9pm.
Confirming the matter, Syed Md Mahabubur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Kachua Police Station, said that they were informed of the incident from the health complex.
On Monday morning, the body was sent to Chandpur hospital morgue for autopsy, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- Law coming to ensure death sentence for patrons of drug traders: PM
- 99 lakh jobs by 2020: Prime Minister
- Your kids’ obesity may up knee, hip osteoarthritis risk later
- Beauty rituals to follow during monsoon
- Deepika Padukone trying 9 things she never did before
- ‘Russia’s hottest World Cup fan’ turns out to be porn star
- Hollywood stars reject Trump immigrant policy
- Rohingya girls dream of school
- Prime Minister meets President