Housewife commits suicide in Chandpur
Published : 19 Feb 2018, 13:06
A newly married housewife committed suicide by drinking poison over family feud at Haziganj village in Kachua upazila on Sunday night.
The deceased was identified as Mahima Akter, 20, daughter of Md Mafiz Miah of Tarapalla village of the upazila.
According to sources at Kachua Upazila Health Complex, Mahima took pesticide centring family dispute and fell sick.
Sensing the matter, the family members rushed her to upazila health complex where the on-duty doctor Kabir Hossain declared her dead around 9pm.
Confirming the matter, Syed Md Mahabubur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Kachua Police Station, said that they were informed of the incident from the health complex.
On Monday morning, the body was sent to Chandpur hospital morgue for autopsy, the OC added.
- Most viewed
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- PM enjoys cultural show at Bangabandhu Stadium
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- 17 March Deaths
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!