Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
Published : 19 Feb 2018, 17:57
Bangladesh Awami League (AL) president and prime minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday said the next 11th parliamentary elections would be held in due time, no matter whichever party joins it.
“We’ve nothing to do if they don’t come to the polls. What can we do if they [BNP] don’t come to the polls? I can’t withdraw the case. We didn’t file the case,” the ruling AL president told a media briefing at her official Ganabhaban residence.
The press conference was organised to give the details about the outcome of her just-concluded visit to Italy and the Vatican City.
“Elections will be held in due time, no matter which political joins it or which party don’t.”
She said every political party has its own mechanism in a multiparty democracy.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India