Election in due time no matter who joins it: PM
Published : 19 Feb 2018, 17:57
Bangladesh Awami League (AL) president and prime minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday said the next 11th parliamentary elections would be held in due time, no matter whichever party joins it.
“We’ve nothing to do if they don’t come to the polls. What can we do if they [BNP] don’t come to the polls? I can’t withdraw the case. We didn’t file the case,” the ruling AL president told a media briefing at her official Ganabhaban residence.
The press conference was organised to give the details about the outcome of her just-concluded visit to Italy and the Vatican City.
“Elections will be held in due time, no matter which political joins it or which party don’t.”
She said every political party has its own mechanism in a multiparty democracy.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- PM enjoys cultural show at Bangabandhu Stadium
- Wife of pilot Abid passes away
- 23 March Deaths
- 23 March Births
- 23 March Events
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- 17 March Deaths
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!