21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
Published : 20 Feb 2018, 11:53
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday distributed coveted Ekushey Padak-2018 among 21 eminent citizens for contributions to their respective fields.
Prime Minister handed over the Ekushey Padak, the second highest civilian awards in Bangladesh, to the awardees at a function organised by Cultural Affairs Ministry at Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
AZM Takiullah (posthumous) and Prof Dr Mirza Mazharul Islam got the award for their role in the language movement while Sheikh Sadi Khan, Sujoy Sham, Indra Mohan Rajbanshi, Khurshid Alam and Motiul Haque Khan won for music.
Minu Haque and Humayun Faridi (posthumous) got the Padak for dance and acting respectively while Nikhil Sen, Kalidas Karmakar, and Golam Mostofa got the award for drama, fine arts and photography.
Ranesh Moitro and Professor Julekha Haque (posthumous) and Dr Mainul Islam won the award for journalism, research and economics respectively while the government announced the name of Ilias Kanchan for social work.
Syed Manzoorul Islam, Saiful Islam Khan (poet Hayat Saef), Subrata Barua, Robiul Hussain and Khalekdad Chowdhury got the award for language and literature.
Each recipient got a gold medal, a certificate and a cheque of Taka 2 lakh.
Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor and Secretary Md Ibraheem Hosein Khan were present while cabinet secretary M Shafiul Alam read out the citations of the award recipients.
- Most viewed
- Quota for FFs, their children, grandchildren to stay: PM
- Women in Somalia defy strict rules to play football
- Work efficiently to tap sea resources: PM asks navy
- Boko Haram frees abducted Nigerian schoolgirls
- ‘RMG workers are unaware they are sexually harassed’
- Children among at least 21 people ‘poisoned’ by 'gas' in Russian village
- The Rohingya children trafficked for sex
- Tribute song for US-Bangla plane crash victims
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation