PM opens, lays foundation stones of 33 schemes in Rajshahi
Published : 22 Feb 2018, 17:14
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina here today opened 21 development projects and laid the foundation stones of 12 other schemes including eight new police stations of Rajshahi Metropolitan Police.
The premier inaugurated and laid the foundation stones of the projects by unveiling their plaques from Madrasa Moidan here this afternoon.
Later, a munajat was offered seeking continued peace, progress and prosperity of the nation.
The schemes opened by her are: the four-storey academic building of Bangabandhu Degree College at Boalia, the five-storey academic building of AHM Qamaruzzaman Degree College in Boalia, the four-storey academic building of Damukura Hat College in Paba, the four-storey academic building of Arani Degree College in Bagha, the four-storey academic building of Abdul Karim Government Degree College in Tanore, the four-storey academic building of Baghmara Degree College in Baghmara, the four-storey academic building of Biraldaha College in Puthia, the Chandrima Police Station, Kashiadanga Police Station, Katakhali Police Station, Paba Police Station, Karnahar Police Station, Damukura Police Station, Belpukur Police Station, the Airport Police Station, a rubber dam in the Barnoi river, the Rajshahi (North) Fire Service Station, Rajshahi Naohata Fire Service Station, Engineering and Survey Institute, the extension administrative building and hall room of Godagari Upazila Complex and the office of the Divisional Narcotics Control Department.
The projects of which the foundation stones were laid by the premier are: the six-storey female dormitory of Rajshahi Government Mohila College, Kashiadanga 33/11 KV Power Sub-Station, Meherchondi 33/11 KV Sub-Station, a 324.50 meter flyover on Rajshahi-Natore Highway, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre, a 96-meter PSC Girder Bridge on the Baral River in Charghat upazila, Baragachhi and Rajabari Union Land Offices in Godagari upazila, Charghat and Nandangachhi Union Land Offices in Charghat upazila, the administrative building of Rajshahi Medical University, the Union Health and Family Welfare Centre in Durgapur upazila and the academic building of private Shah Makhdum Medical College.
Sheikh Hasina, also the Awami League president, will address a public meeting later to be organised by the party at Madrasa Moidan in the afternoon.
- Most viewed
- Katrina Kaif’s character in ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ revealed
- 21 September Events
- 21 September Births
- 21 September Deaths
- Quitting junk food can have withdrawals as drug addiction
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangabandhu struggled for peace and equality: PM
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- 15 September Deaths
- Technical school & college to be built in each upazila: PM
- 15 September Events
- Sonam believes Kangana is a troublemaker
- Technology is the best way to develop country: Sheikh Hasina
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks