3 girls abducted from Chuadanga rescued in Dhaka
Published : 02 Mar 2018, 14:59
Police rescued three teenage girls, who were abducted from the district, from Dhaka’s Mirpur area and arrested two people in this connection on Thursday night.
The arrestees were identified as Taznina and Maleka, hailed from Zafarpur village in the suburb area of Chuadanga district town.
Those who were rescued were identified as Tonny Khatun, 14, Sumaiya Khatun, 13 and Tasnina Khatun, 15 of Zafarpur village.
Abdul Khalek, officer-in-charge of Chuadnga Sadar Police Station, said getting complaint from the family members of the victims, a team of Chuadanga police conducted a drive in city’s Mirpur area and rescued the girls.
The law enforcers also arrested the abductors from there.
According to the complaint, Taznina and Maleka took the three girls to the capital with the promise of giving them good job. Later they confined the girls to a room and tortured them.
However, the victims tactfully made a phone call to their family members and informed the matter.
- Most viewed
- SC on Khaleda's bail in another Cumilla case Tuesday
- 25 June Births
- 25 June Deaths
- 25 June Events
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl