3 girls abducted from Chuadanga rescued in Dhaka
Published : 02 Mar 2018, 14:59
Police rescued three teenage girls, who were abducted from the district, from Dhaka’s Mirpur area and arrested two people in this connection on Thursday night.
The arrestees were identified as Taznina and Maleka, hailed from Zafarpur village in the suburb area of Chuadanga district town.
Those who were rescued were identified as Tonny Khatun, 14, Sumaiya Khatun, 13 and Tasnina Khatun, 15 of Zafarpur village.
Abdul Khalek, officer-in-charge of Chuadnga Sadar Police Station, said getting complaint from the family members of the victims, a team of Chuadanga police conducted a drive in city’s Mirpur area and rescued the girls.
The law enforcers also arrested the abductors from there.
According to the complaint, Taznina and Maleka took the three girls to the capital with the promise of giving them good job. Later they confined the girls to a room and tortured them.
However, the victims tactfully made a phone call to their family members and informed the matter.
- Most viewed
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- 17 March Deaths
- 17 March Births
- At least 50 dead in US Bangla aircraft crash in TIA
- Schoolgirl ‘raped by 2 teenagers’ in Sylhet
- FBHRO starts its journey
- US-Bangla Airlines aircraft crashes in Kathmandu
- US-Bangla aircraft’s passenger list
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims