3 girls abducted from Chuadanga rescued in Dhaka
Published : 02 Mar 2018, 14:59
Police rescued three teenage girls, who were abducted from the district, from Dhaka’s Mirpur area and arrested two people in this connection on Thursday night.
The arrestees were identified as Taznina and Maleka, hailed from Zafarpur village in the suburb area of Chuadanga district town.
Those who were rescued were identified as Tonny Khatun, 14, Sumaiya Khatun, 13 and Tasnina Khatun, 15 of Zafarpur village.
Abdul Khalek, officer-in-charge of Chuadnga Sadar Police Station, said getting complaint from the family members of the victims, a team of Chuadanga police conducted a drive in city’s Mirpur area and rescued the girls.
The law enforcers also arrested the abductors from there.
According to the complaint, Taznina and Maleka took the three girls to the capital with the promise of giving them good job. Later they confined the girls to a room and tortured them.
However, the victims tactfully made a phone call to their family members and informed the matter.
- Most viewed
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors