Housewife burnt ‘by husband’ dies in Sirajganj
Published : 07 Mar 2018, 11:51
A housewife, who sustained burn injuries after she was set afire allegedly by her husband at Gopalpur village in Chauhali upazila on Tuesday, died at a hospital on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Sonia Khatun, 24, wife of Jahangir Hossain of the village under Enayetpur Police Station.
Jahangir and Sonia used to quarrel over trivial matter. On Tuesday, Jahangir set Sonia afire pouring kerosene into the body over the issue, leaving her critically injured.
With 40 percent burns on her body, Sonia was taken to Yunus Ali Medical College Hospital.
Later, she was taken to Sadar hospital where she succumbed to her injuries around 1 am, said Rashedul Islam, officer-in-charge of Enayetpur Police Station.
Jahangir went into hiding soon after the incident.
- Most viewed
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- SC stays Khaleda’s HC bail till May 8
- Janaza of dead Bangladeshis held, bodies to be brought back today
- 19 March Deaths
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Prithula Rashid, a life cut short
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Queen Boudicca: a tribal woman fought against Roman rule
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- PM returns home tomorrow shortening Singapore visit
- US-Bangla flight reaches Nepal with families of crash victims
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka