Housewife burnt ‘by husband’ dies in Sirajganj
Published : 07 Mar 2018, 11:51
A housewife, who sustained burn injuries after she was set afire allegedly by her husband at Gopalpur village in Chauhali upazila on Tuesday, died at a hospital on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Sonia Khatun, 24, wife of Jahangir Hossain of the village under Enayetpur Police Station.
Jahangir and Sonia used to quarrel over trivial matter. On Tuesday, Jahangir set Sonia afire pouring kerosene into the body over the issue, leaving her critically injured.
With 40 percent burns on her body, Sonia was taken to Yunus Ali Medical College Hospital.
Later, she was taken to Sadar hospital where she succumbed to her injuries around 1 am, said Rashedul Islam, officer-in-charge of Enayetpur Police Station.
Jahangir went into hiding soon after the incident.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- 10% pass in Dhaka University ‘Ga’ unit admission test
- Bangladesh least innovative country in Asia
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- 2 hijras among 3 hurt in Savar gun attack