Prime Minister addressing March 7 rally
Published : 07 Mar 2018, 17:26
The public rally of Awami League marking the historic March 7 began at 2.30 pm in city's Suhrawardy Udyan through recitations from the holy Quran, the Geeta, the Tripitaka and the Bible.
Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is presiding over the huge rally.
AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, in his welcome address, said the March 7 is being observed in the face of a new challenge this year.
"Observance of historic March 7 is a matter of values, spirit and ideology," the minister said, adding the UNESCO recognized the March 7 speech of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman as a world documentary heritage in the Memory of the World Register.
AL Publicity and Publication Secretary Hasan Mahmud and Cultural Affairs Secretary Ashim Kumar Ukil are conducting the rally.
Since morning, groups had started to gather in and around the Suhrawardy Udyan.
On March 7 in 1971, Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, in his historic speech at a mammoth rally in the then 'Race Course Maidan', now Suhrawardy Udyan, in the city directed the freedom-loving Bangalees for waging a decisive struggle against the Pakistan occupation forces.
- Most viewed
- Receiving Smita Patil award validates my choices: Anushka
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM gives flats to former national footballers, hockey player
- 20 September Events
- 20 September Births
- 20 September Deaths
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Plan for 5-MRT, 2-BRT, 3-tier ring road, 6-expressway: Sheikh Hasina
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors